4/8/09

one step at a time

Do you have house fairies???
You know, when you wake up and magically the dishes are done....and your sweet husband says, "Must have been the fairies."
Well this wonderful old house has lots of fairies. The busiest of the fairies is my adorable little Mom who has just finished the big staircase. We took up the grungy gold carpet and the thousands(!!!) of staples and icky mat that went with it. She then went on to putty and sand every hole and then paint the risers my favorite off white color and the treads a shiny grey. And if you know my Mom, you know that she used a tee-i-nee brush around each spindle and both colors have at least two coats.
I don't think you can tell from the photo but the colors are YUMMY!!!

This house has the best fairies....love them all!

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up!! :) I got your email........ I'm just glad I think like someone as cool as you! xo

    P.S. the stairs are amazing ......love the gray {imagine that}

    ReplyDelete